Youth Program Assistant
YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT, First Universalist Church of Minneapolis
First Universalist Church is a growing, vibrant community with over 1,000 adult members and 500+ children and youth enrolled in Religious Education. Our liberal religious tradition welcomes people with diverse beliefs in a spirit of mutual respect and good will. We gather to encourage one another to spiritual growth, to share life’s journey, and to work together for social, racial and environmental justice.
The Youth Program Assistant provides clerical and material preparation support for the youth program. Works 12-14 hours per week, 10 months per year (mid-August through mid-June), with potential for summer employment if desired.
Prepare materials for 7th-12th grade curriculum. Create safe and welcoming space in youth classrooms. Support Children, Youth & Family Ministries staff in data entry, purchasing, organization, communications and other programming needs.
- Strong administrative, computer, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative and ability to follow-through with multiple tasks
- Both a good team member and a self-directed worker
- Warm and welcoming to youth and adults
- Willingness to learn about Unitarian Universalism
- High school diploma/GED and some college preferred
- Must meet background check criteria
- Must have reliable transportation, especially on Sunday mornings
- Respectful of Unitarian Universalist principles
- Understanding of the diversity of the church community including age, gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status and disability
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully
How to Apply: The deadline for applications is August 15, 2013. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Lauren Wyeth, Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.